Pages

Thursday 29 October 2015

balance







Mechanischer Körperfächer (body fan 2) - rebecca horn

"the fan suits my body -- i carry it and i balance it on my shoulders so that head and shoulders constitute the central axis of the two semi-circles -- starting position -- the two semi-circles of the fan close over my head -- when i move my body's balance, the two semi-circles change their horizontal starting position and begin to turn -- one semicircle turns in fron of my body, the other one behind it, so that my body becomes the fixed axis for the semicircles -- when the rotation is slow,  just sections of my body can be seen by turn -- when the two semicircles rotate fast, they close in a transparent circle."

  -- Rebecca Horn
via flash art n. 46-47, june 1974

No comments:

Post a Comment