Pages

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Recommended Read


Body Intelligence Meditation by Ged Sumner
 This is the sentence that attracted me to this book “Biology is just another subject taught in school, but when you take away our beliefs, all we are is our biology.”

Ged Sumners book was driven into being by the idea that the more conventional forms of meditation can be seen to encourage an escape or "rise above" the body and a desire to stop thoughts, which he considers anti-body and something that lends itself to dissociation from the body....something I would agree holds a gem of truth...

This vivid and well thought through book includes a good number of meditations that show you how to tune into the subtle states that lie within the body. I really enjoyed the clearly guided visualisations that help create an easy and deeply felt connection with the physical body.

If you are interested in exploring the universe that is your body in a very simple and deeply felt way then I highly recommend this book (or the audio downloads). It's a brilliant tool to add too your embodied thinking box.

1 comment:

  1. "The world of thought seems to utterly dominate the human species" I wish it did.
    Every time I see a mob or a riot, our outpourings of emotional hatred and rage, and hear the most thought-less arguments being used to support causes...
    Then I realise it's not less thought we need.
    Yes, it is possible o overdose on thinking. But for every individual who has that problem, I maintain that about fifty suffer with it as a deficiency disease.

    ReplyDelete