Pages

Sunday 21 December 2014

My Teachers

I trained with an incredible lady called Ruth White. She was a senior Iyengar teacher who left the school to start her own teacher training course, and although she remains very loyal to the Iyengar method, she will often bring in teachers and trainers from different yoga background's. It's through that training I discovered the work of Vanda Scaraveli (as taught by Gary Carter) and a love of feet as Ruth's husband John (who teaches the philosophy classes) makes shoes. I still use his morning foot massage to this day.

On moving to London I discovered Anna Ashby and have been attending her weekly classes ever since...that was 7 years ago...If you are ever in London stop by Triyoga and try a class with Anna. She doesn't teach a fixed method (her influences are varied) and it's this approach that has given me the tools to learn to respond intelligently to my current needs rather then developing any fixed 'style'. Anna has taught me to question. Invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment