Pages

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Rock Climbing

I am an enthusiastic (novice) climber and it is brilliant for so many reasons.
These are the main benefits for me...

1. Upper body 'pulling' strength. This is completely lacking in yoga but I get my fix here. Helps my hand balancing skills and shoulder health tremendously.
2. Being present. You have no choice but to be in the moment with this stuff, especially when up high. When i'm focused on exactly what i'm doing as i'm doing it i know i'll be safe. This being present stuff is also a mighy fine trick for beating fear with a stick! 
3. Climbing is a movement puzzle. It requires great body awareness and movement intelligence, again in a very different way to the yoga, besides the obvious physical stuff involved.

I highly recommend giving it ago!!!
The downside (for me anyhow) is it always ruins my manicure. You can't have it all huh... 


(image of Natures rock climbers...they certainly don't look like they have the fear! from erinconsidine via keelsterkeel)

No comments:

Post a Comment